Sell it Fast
Find Your Vancouver Island DREAM Home Today
Beautiful 3 bed Rancher on a Private treed 5 Acres. Large open concept kitchen with new quarts counter tops and undermount sink. New deck and railings! Plenty of open space to Garden or set up some stalls for horses the potential is unlimited. Enjoy hiking or riding your dirt bikes in your own backyard, bordering municipal land. 3 outbuildings for storage or turn them into a workshop along with a 20'x19' dou...
Welcome to the cottage. Paved all the way there...off the grid and situated in beautiful Youbou on the pristine shores of Lake Cowichan. Very near Pine Pont Recreation Area. Open plan living, dining and kitchen with vaulted ceilings. Three bedrooms, one is a great bunk room for the kiddos. ( the bedrooms do not have individual closets -but shelving) . Plenty of storage inside as well as an outdoor storage she...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Lake Cowichan
ATTENTION COUPLES AND SINGLES - All you need is right here! Top floor southern facing 1 bedroom oasis in the heart of Duncan. Tastefully finished for your immediate comfort. Surprisingly spacious floor plan with high quality laminate flooring throughout. Stainless steel fridge and stove, updated light fixtures. Functional kitchen with plenty of pristine countertop space with matching appliances including ...Listed by RE/MAX ISLAND PROPERTIES
If you're looking for a central location for your family or perhaps a rental, here it is! As you enter the large entrance you will find an oversized boot or den area, 4 piece bathroom, laundry/utility room, a large bedroom and a stunning family room with huge thermal windows and lovely wainscotting. Head upstairs to 3 additional bedrooms and another 5 piece bathroom with 2 sinks, a dining and living open pla...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Duncan
Cleared level building site, half acre lot located in a 62 lot strata subdivision at Haggard Cove, Alberni Inlet-Barkley Sound. Each owner has their own berth for their boat and use of the fish cleaning station. Close to some of the best fishing and diving that Vancouver Island Has to offer. This lot is a perfect setting for your retreat cabin.Listed by RE/MAX MID-ISLAND REALTY
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015