Sell it Fast
Find Your Vancouver Island DREAM Home Today
This spacious 3016 Sqft Family home has lots of room for your family with extra large bedrooms, kitchen and living room. It also has great investment potential being zoned for a duplex and located within walking distance to schools, shopping, parks and entertainment. The large fully fenced, level, 80x160 lot has plenty of room for your kids and pets to run around and ample parking space for your RV,Boat, or a...
Charming, South facing 1 1/2 story 3 Bed 2 bath home, in sought after Cherry Point situated on 0.23 of an acre. This stunning home features solid oak floors on the main, new carpet upstairs, Updated thermal windows, HRV system and a cozy wood stove. The fully fenced private backyard features a spacious 26x10 deck, 8x10 workshop, a playhouse and plenty of room for the kids run and play. There are established g...
This is the perfect property for Car enthusiasts, mechanics, or hobbyist with a 40'x44' insulated and fully wired detached shop with 17' ceilings and 3 over height garage doors on 2.94 acres. This property also boasts a Stunning Rancher with incredible craftsmanship inside and out. Large Custom Kitchen with 3 Bedrooms 2 bathrooms, covered Patio for entertaining your guests & more space for your toys with a 2 ...
Beautifully Renovated 2 bed 1 bath Mobile with newly Upgraded natural gas furnace and thermal windows. Private fenced yard for kids or pets and a large shed for extra storage. Walking distance to Shopping centre including coffee shop, grocery store and so much more. The perfect location to call home. Family Friendly Park and rentals and pets allowed
This .22 acre lot in Youbou is just what you need for recreation enjoyment. Beach access across the road as well as access to Pine Point Recreation Area .Located on pristine 32km Lake Cowichan about 90 minutes from either Victoria or Nanamio, making it easy to escape the rat race. Septic is in place with three accesses. Water license. Off the grid,meaning no electricity, although telus is available. Many trai...
Small rancher on 1/3 of an acre. Private side yard, rural setting. Limited information. Shallow well (with a well log), septic system, gas tankless hot water, house is located on a potential flood plan. Potential Buyers are encouraged to visit municipal authorities for more information. Please view online documents. As is where is.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015