Sell it Fast
Find Your Vancouver Island DREAM Home Today
Wonderful Family Estate on a Private 6.47 acres with a 100 year old forest and your very own Tranquil section of Stocking creek boarders the property. Just minutes to downtown Chemainus or Ladysmith, This amazing Estate features two houses, in ground pool, mature landscaping, large usable yards and fields perfect for a hobby farm. The main house features 5 bedrooms 4 bath with Main level living, large open ki...
PRIVATE ACREAGE! This country rancher close to Skutz Falls has so many awesome features, including vaulted ceilings with beams, large picture windows, brick fireplace, cozy wood-stove, updated kitchen with stainless appliances, a detached workshop/garage, and so much more. The master suite has a 3pc ensuite and a private deck with a hot tub too! Privacy is provided by the mature trees surrounding the 2 acre p...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Duncan
Located just minutes from town in the desirable area of Bell McKinnon situated on a usable 0.50 acre lot this property offers room to roam, space for rv/boat parking, and a 24x28 garage with 10' ceilings. The 4 bed 2/3 bath home has seen many aesthetic and functional updates throughout, some further finishing still remains giving you an opportunity to add your personal touch. The main level consists of an ope...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Duncan
Nice Family Character Home In Town. This Home on 0.19 acres has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and is conveniently located close to schools, shopping & recreation. The upstairs is bright & sunny with an open floor plan which includes the central kitchen with stainless steel appliances, the spacious dining room, the bright living room with wood burning fireplace and the family room with 2 skylights and French door...Listed by RE/MAX of Duncan
No expense spared in this 3 bedrm/2 bth mountain view, choice end unit townhouse with a complete renovation. New high end flooring throughout, new baseboards, gorgeous light grey paint in entire unit, ceilings and doors and trim work all painted, all new light fixtures/fans, electrical switches, baseboard heaters, cabinet hardware, door handles, dual flush- soft close toilets, new kitchen sink and taps & mirr...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Lake Cowichan
This exciting opportunity to own the Village Chippery restaurant; a popular licensed family eatery featuring Fish & Chips and Burgers. Located in the village of Shawnigan lake in a newer commercial complex. This community supported business is looking for new owners as the current owners are embarking on a new adventure. Great ROI in this Asset Sale with a full lunch and dinner menu and established patrons. G...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Duncan
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015